Discovering the Power of Biblical Friendships
Created for Communion explores biblical friendship showing us how to befriend one another in holy ways—how to fulfill Jesus’ commandment to love one another, even in our human imperfection.
Today’s culture has downgraded friendship to a superficial imitation of the spirit-filled communion and intentional commitment that characterize Biblical community. It’s time to rediscover Christlike friendships founded on the fellowship we have with God, made possible by Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Created for Communion explains how we are designed to share our lives with one another and explores a different Biblical relationship, showing how those friendships transformed each person. Study the remarkable examples set by David and Jonathan, Ruth and Naomi, Jonah and his friends, Mary and Elizabeth, Jesus and his disciples, the friends of the paralytic man, and Paul and Timothy.
In Created for Communion, you will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of why friendship is such an important part of Christian faith
- Study Biblical examples of love, encouragement, and connection
- Learn to see your friendships in a new way and become a better friend
- Discover how to build true, lasting Christian friendships
As believers, we have a perfect model of friendship in Jesus, the ultimate friend. With prompts for reflection and action, this book gently encourages us to do the holy work of building and maintaining relationships that will, ultimately, draw us closer to God.
What People Are Saying About Created for Communion
“Drawn in by the contemplative introduction, we are then guided to a beautiful examination of biblical relationships as Kristin Hill Taylor wisely illuminates these holy friendships tucked into the pages of God’s Word. The insightful chapters are not only about the friendships directly from the Bible but are coupled with personal narratives from herself and others, and then perfectly wrapped up with a real-world idea to welcome that kind of love into your own life or the life of a friend. Considering that Kristin is not only my favorite author but also my favorite friend, I can confidently say that this heartfelt book is both a must-read and a previously untapped perspective about holy friendships that will breathe fresh air into your relationships and undoubtedly bless your daily life.”
– Katie Kerns, who moved next to her elementary school principal in October 1990 and has been dear friends with his daughter, Kristin, ever since
“In a world that attempts to downgrade our in-person visits to text messages and our friendships to social media followers, Kristin urges us to model our community and friendships after the Bible. This book dives deep into friendship but is relatable, understandable, and broken into bite-sized pieces. Do you need to grow in community and friendships? Then this book is for you.”
– Amanda Conquers, who started as one of Kristin’s online writer friends and became a real-life, all-around friend
“In Created for Communion, Kristin Hill Taylor uses biblical examples of friendships as comparisons to our earthly friendships. Read Kristin’s book and allow her beautiful words to transform your thoughts and expectations of friendships. Navigate your friendships and be inspired to be a better friend to your people.”
– Jessica Burgess Edgin, who was Kristin’s son’s first-grade teacher in 2016–17 and then stayed in Kristin’s life with book recommendations and many conversations about faith and motherhood