I’m pretty much always thinking about my next trip! Be it a weekend getaway or a family vacation, I’ve always got ideas of where I want to go next. The rest of my family always has suggestions too. Yes, take the (next) trip!
I was in my 40s when I came to terms with the fact beach vacations aren’t my favorite. I like so many things about a beach vacation: tropical weather, sunshine, seafood, and the views and sounds of the ocean. While I do love vacations that include water, I especially love vacations that allow me to see various spots and sights on the same trip – think road trip or cruise!
Where to go?
The destinations are endless, but I’d start with this question. Consider how long you want to be gone, how you’re going to get there, where you’ll stay, and what activities come with a certain destination.
Here are some of our past trips that are definitely worth sharing:
West road trips
- Mexico & Honduras cruise
- South Florida
- St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Universal Studios
- Disney World (2019)
- Disney World (2014)
- Disney Cruise (2018)
- Disney Cruise (2016)
Who can help?
I love planning trips, but I also love having help plan them! Here are some great resources I recommend:
- Awestruck Family Outfitters (customized trips to National Parks and similar destinations)
- Kingdom Seekers Travel (Disney, Universal, cruises, all-inclusive resorts)
- Guide Along (audio tour guides)
- Dirt in My Shoes (National Parks travel planning)
What to take with you?
Obviously, what’s in your suitcase depends on where you’re going, but here are some things I love to have along the way, regardless of where I am.
- Line-a-day journal – Document everyday life whether you’re at home or on the road.
- Reusable shopping bags – I like these because they squish up, making them easy to pack. They are great for hauling around snacks, dirty clothes, or anything else!
- Capital One Venture credit card – This is a great card to use for travel expenses because the rewards points are good and allow you to “erase” travel purchases. You can also book hotels and other travel reservations directly through the Capital One website and get special deals. When we signed up for TSA Pre-Check, the fee was reimbursed when we used this card. (Also, sign up for TSA Pre-Check if you’re ever going to fly!)
- Crossbody bag – I have loved this Lululemon one for a while, but I found an even better and cheaper one on Amazon. Truly, hooray for liking the off-brand one better!
- Bigger sling bag – I also like traveling with my Kavu sling bag. It can hold quite a few things and is easy to carry while on the go.
Where do you want to go next? What are you taking with you?