Father’s Day was the day after we got back from vacation, so I was a bit of a slacker. I had ordered him three things online: One was in the bundle of mail accumulated while we were gone that we got Monday, the day after Father’s Day. Another came Tuesday, I think. The third has yet to come. I have no idea where it is. We went to his parents’ house for lunch after church and spent the rest of the day getting settled after vacation.
So, here’s a little tribute to Greg, who really deserved a better Father’s Day, although one of the amazing things about him is he doesn’t care if he’s recognized on a particular Hallmark holiday.
Greg is a great dad for many reasons, but these are some of the highlights:
* He can make Cate giggle with little effort.
* He sings to Cate often, including when he puts her to sleep.
* He comes home to eat lunch with us most days.
* He helps. He changed his share of diapers, spooned his share of baby food, put on flowery shoes, and gotten up plenty of times in the middle of the night.
* We can talk about how sweet and beautiful Cate is and every time he glows like it’s the first time we’ve ever discussed her.
* He loves including her in what we like to do, like going to basketball and baseball games.
* He tells Cate he thinks I’m a good mother to her and a good wife to him.