When Rachel was 10 weeks just after Thanksgiving and we were in Buffalo, she slept a couple seven-hour stretches two nights in a row. (And when I say seven hours, I mean 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. or 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.!) Then it continued at home! For about a week. And this weary mom rejoiced.
And then it stopped.
Now, I’m waiting for that sleeping habit to return. Admittedly, she eats and then goes right back down, but, still … I prefer sleeping through the night!
Even so, she smiles often and people are always commenting on what a happy baby she is. And it’s true! She loves when people talk to her and reacts like she had something to say in return. Of course, we have a fifth extrovert in our family.
Speaking of family, we’re obviously thrilled her adoption was finalized this past month too.
In other three-month notes, Rachel …
- Eats 4-7 ounces every 3-4 hours.
- Spits up regularly, but doesn’t seem to care and she’s clearly growing.
- Wears mostly 0-3 month clothes still, but that’s not going to last much longer.
- Moved up to size 2 diapers.
- Is teething. For real. All the drool.
- Sucks on her fingers, sometimes as a sleep aid and sometimes to address the aforementioned teething.
- Loves her play mat and Fisher-Price seat.
Honestly, it’s hard to believe a quarter of her first year is in the books and just how quickly these three months have gone. I realize that’s cliche, but it’s true.
Keep up with Rachel and her growth :: One month. Two months.
Want more insights? “Peace in the Process: How Adoption Built My Faith & My Family” is available on Amazon. Like me on Facebook, follow me on Twitter, peek into my life on Instagram, follow 152 Insights at Bloglovin’, or subscribe to receive “Insights in Your Inbox.”